Thursday, January 8, 2015

there's a new, cool kid on the block: glossier

I realize I am a little late when it comes to proclaiming my New Year's Resolutions, but I honestly didn't give it any thought until January 2. Oops. 

This year, I simply want to take better care of my skin. By washing my makeup off every day, moisturizing on a regular basis sticking to a solid skincare routine I think I'll look and feel a lot better. Also, let's be honest here, I received Glossier's Phase 1 set for Christmas from one of my sisters so it seemed like a good time to start being serious about skincare.

Hint: if you don't know, Glossier is Into The Gloss's spinoff beauty brand created by Emily Weiss (you might remember her as super-intern Emily on The Hills). It's pretty effing cool that a beauty brand was born out of a blog if you ask me, or Forbes.



I have only been using this set for a little over a week and I'm OBSESSED. I can seriously already tell a difference in my skin texture; it looks and feels more even and more glowy! I can't make this stuff up, people.

The tie for my favorite product is between the priming moisturizer and the moisture tint. I use this priming moisturizer every day on top of my favorite serum, and actually look forward to slathering the stuff on my face. The super creamy texture is great but even better is that it completely moisturizes my skin (read: no dry flakes) WITHOUT making my face oily which is truly miraculous. The "priming" aspect does seem to work as my face makeup doesn't slide around as much throughout the day. 

If velvety cream existed this would be it

On the other hand, the moisture tint is simply amazing. I was skeptical at first because it looks pretty unassuming out of the bottle since it's runny and only comes in three shades, but it's definitely a power product. The coverage is medium, it covers imperfections well (still need concealer for pesky blemishes and dark circles) but makes my skin g-l-o-w. Since it lets my freckles show through it looks like a "me but better" version of my face and I'm not sure I'll ever try another face makeup again.*

Looks like totally the wrong color, but is perfect blended in.



*if you're looking for heavier coverage that covers everything, this may not be for you.

The smoothing face mist is pretty awesome, I guess, but I have to admit I'm not much of a face mist person. I have heard of people using it to set their makeup or simply to feel more awake during the mid-day slump (ya hear me, 2 p.m.?!), but I haven't  decided when it will be my go-to. To be continued...



The balm dot com is pretty much the bomb dot comb, as to be expected with any petroleum-based product. You can use it literally anywhere; I use it on my lips, eczema patches on my elbows, under my nose, tops of cheekbones for a glow, etc. I compare this to Elizabeth Arden's infamous Eight Hour Cream; it's a product you never want to leave home without, even if it basically is just glorified vaseline in a tube.


The do-it-all product
The tote and padded plastic travel bags the came with the goods. Not pictured: the cute, quirky stickers included as well.

Who was I before Glossier?! These products have quickly become essentials and I don't think I can ever live a day without them again. Word on the street is that Glossier will be debuting more products, including makeup, this year and I can't wait to see what my new favorite beauty brand has in store!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

    ReplyDelete