Thursday, March 20, 2014

how to haircut

A haircut can change your life. 

Yes, I can be dramatic and no, this is not one of those times.

There's a reason why makeovers always involve changing a hair color, length and/or style - changing a person's hair has the most potential to make a dramatic difference during a makeover. A haircut done right can completely transform your face and overall "look" by giving you confidence, influencing your wardrobe and even the way you interact with people.

Whether you have haircut phobia and have your mom cut it once a year or get a fresh cut every six weeks, you should always be happy with how it looks. Unhappiness, frustration and even tears should not be a part of a haircut - even at GreatClips - because you're buying into an experience as well as getting those ends snipped off.

Short hair is super high maintenance, especially if it isn't a blunt (straight-across, un-layered) style because it looks awkward and heavy if it grows out too much. I usually get my hair cut every 2-3 months because angled bobs look horrible too grown out. I have been getting my haircut by the same woman for six years (hey, Jen!) and refuse to let anyone else come near my hair with a pair of scissors.  I will follow her wherever she goes and drive as far as I need to because once you find a hairdresser you like try to never, ever leave them!

Haircut day is always a day I look forward to

Get the haircut you want with these three tips:

1. Bring a picture. Telling the hairdresser you want "one inch off" or "layers" is vague; one inch may look different to you than it does to someone else. I always bring a picture of what I want, whether it's a celebrity or a picture of me when I liked how my hair looked, because an image is a lot better than a generic description. 

2. Ask questions. I can't stand when someone gets an amazing haircut then it looks like crap a week later because they have no idea how to do their hair. Not that I do much to my hair, but ask your hairdresser how you can re-create the style yourself so you can ensure it looks good until the next time you get it cut!

3. Make it an experience. Haircuts can be pricey, so make sure you enjoy it. Even if you don't pay much for a haircut you will still feel better about how it looks if you put a little effort to your outfit and makeup before going. A new haircut looks a lot better when you're feeling good and not looking like you just left the gym with unusually bouncy, pretty hair.

Bad haircut? We've all been there. Throw on a cute hat or pull it up then don't worry about it; chances are you will be feeling a lot better about it after a few days! 

1 comment:

  1. this haircut is nice. thanks for sharing how to hair cut.

    ReplyDelete