Wednesday, March 5, 2014

sunless prep for spring break

The last spring break I'll ever have (brb while I go cry) starts in three days. So while everyone else is stressing about midterms and papers due before break, I'm stressed about when I'm going to get everything done beauty-wise. First world problems, I know.

This I am going to JAMAICA! I'll take a tropical vacation over a cold one any day, but constantly being in a bikini means I have more beauty preparation. Since my skin never fails to turn ghostly pale during the Winter, I really need to have a little tan the first time in a bathing suit in months. Self-tanner can be extremely tricky - you have to strike a balance between "orange and streaky" and "still pale." 

I have had a few too many bad experiences applying self-tanner over the course of multiple days even though thats what tanning lotions typically suggest, so this year I am just going to apply one layer of tanner the day before I leave in order to avoid streaks and orange spots. Even though applying only one layer won't necessarily create a tan, it evens out skin tone and minimizes the look of cellulite.


It is so important to always exfoliate your skin before applying tanner in order to avoid streaks!

I am trying out Jergen's Foaming Daily Moisturizer  because the "quick dry" and "ordorless" features really sold me! Cheers to (maybe) not making my clothes and sheets reek of self-tanner. I am also trying Sonia Kashuk's face tanning towelettes (no longer available). Towelettes are great for sunless tanning because they deliver a consistent amount of color - check out L'Oreal's here.

Tip: if you do get streaks/too orange from self tanner, don't panic - scrub with a lot of body wash and it will fade.

Fingers crossed for a successful sunless tanning experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment